Friday, November 09, 2007

Tracy Stokes - Blogger, Ecostreet.com


How old are you?
35

What’s your occupation and who do you work for?
I’m co-founder of EcoStreet.com, part-time blogger and full-time mother

How long have been doing this?
My sister Nikki and I started EcoStreet 5 years ago as a hobby, now it’s a part-time job.

What’s the best bit about your job?
Working from home, so I have lots of flexibility and am here for my children.

What’s the worst thing?
Absolutely nothing, I love it.

What have the last 12 months been like for you?
Very exciting. EcoStreet.com has grown tremendously in traffic in the past 12 months.

What were you doing before?
I was the marketing manager for a mail order clothing company.

What was your very first full-time job?
I was one of the girls behind the counter at a car rental company in Namibia.

Have you got any plans for the next 12 months you’d like to share with us?
None I can share, they’re all top secret for now.

What do you do to relax?
Meditate and read.

Who do you live with?
My husband Pete, son Ayrton and daughter Piper. And an orange cat called Tango.

Whereabouts do you live?
Suburban Surrey.

If you were Prime Minister, what’s the very first thing you’d do?
Stop the new nuclear power plans, and pour money into renewables.

Have you got any guilty carbon secrets?
Yes, I use my car more than I should even though it’s pretty fuel-efficient. I assuage my guilt with carbon offsets even though I know it’s not the answer.

What have you done that you were most proud of?
Produced two gorgeous kids.

What are you most concerned about in the world at large?
The way that governments use fear to control us, our continuing destruction of the earth, and our lack of compassion for our fellow man.

Which person in the public eye do you most admire and why?
Nelson Mandela, for his compassion and his wisdom. Not really an environmental hero though.


What advice would you give to someone wishing to embark on the same sort of work as you?
Perseverance wins.

What’s your website address?
http://www.ecostreet.com

What are your three favourite other websites?
EnviroStats! http://envirostats.info
Art for Housewives http://housewife.splinder.com/
My Marrakesh http://moroccanmaryam.typepad.com/my_marrakesh/

No comments: